Saturday, April 2, 2011

Spring...isn't it about time?

Now don't get me wrong... this has been an awesome winter (of which I am late on my posting thus...) I love the snow! It makes everything clean and peaceful outside!
I love getting all bundled up and going out in the cold. I got snow shoes for Christmas which was great fun! The best part running and sliding down a steep hill in 5 feet of snow! A few weeks ago I tried going on a hike without them and ended up crawling up the mountain...ya- snow shoes are great!
This picture doesn't do justice...
we were on a huge fallen tree 10 feet in the air ...

I love big events and people united towards a common goal... We went to mogul event of the national free skiing competition in Deer Valley- it was fun! I recommend it- I admit I enjoyed the atmosphere and energy of the setting the most, but it was also sweet watching the skiers!
But now I'm ready for Summer! That is one thing I love about Utah...you get to experience each season...and once you start getting sick of one season- the other one comes along!

Lenny and I decided to go for a walk in North Salt Lake above the huge rock quarry. If you keep going on the trail it leads to ensign peak but we decided to hike up the hills and watch the sunset...
(I don't know why I take sunset pictures-they never do it justice)
Yahoo for Summer! I'm excited for spending time outside in the warmth...hiking, camping and just enjoying the sun....
Bring it on!!

1 comment:

Meredith Williams said...

You guys are so stinkin cute!!!