Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Rexburg Road Trip

Lenny and I decided to go to Rexburg for a friends wedding reception a few weeks ago, it was a great excuse for a road trip! I hadn't been up to Rexburg since I graduated a year and a half ago, it was crazy to see the changes and of course how somethings just don't change!
Craigo's- debatably the thing I miss most about Rexburg- it was fun to go back, and of course the pizza was good as well, but it just wasn't the same, I guess some food tastes better in memories!
The new auditorium center is HUGE!!! So cool looking! The commons area is very open and light with all the windows. The ceiling has huge metal circles that reflect off the natural light- it was way cool!
We tried to get into the auditorium but all the doors were locked- I've heard it is designed just like the conference center. Between the 3 levels it seats over 15,000- DANG! I'm sad I missed it!
On the other side of the building they have a ginormous gym with 16 basketball courts- all of which were in use on this Saturday! There is also a ring for jogging on the 2nd floor.Call me a nerd but I had to get a picture by the Ricks building where I lived most of my life! Each semester I had at least 2 classes in this building- luckily its the newest and by far the best! The snow there was perfect for snow sculpting- not like this stinkin powder we keep getting. It is hilarious driving around Rexburg and seeing all of the snow men and snow sculptures everywhere- welcome to a college town in the middle of no where! Hahaha- love it!
The temple was beautiful as ever, it looked especially cool with the fog engulfing it!
We stopped by Lava Hot Springs on our way home... as you can tell Lenny was especially excited :o)

4 comments:

Meredith Williams said...

How fun! I'm glad you took pictures of the BYU Idaho center. I heard it was amazing but never seen pictures. So jealous you got to go! Hope you are doing well Kenzi

Jaime said...

Uh... Kenzi! Bring the boyf by next time you're in Rexburg pleaseeee. Doubt it will happen again though!

The Benson Family said...

Looks super fun! I am so jealous times a million and I miss you forever and a day!

Freckled Mom said...

Kenzi! Man I haven't been to Rexburg since 2008. This post totally made me miss it. I want to see all the changes!!

and shout out to the awesome Ricks building!