Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Faith, Hope and Charity

Restoring Honor: Faith, Hope and Charity

So I have been planning on visiting my sister in Phily sometime in August, than when I learned about the 8-28 Rally I planned my trip so that I could do both! I have to say it was absolutely amazing-a day that I will always remember. It bothers me how many people have extremely strong opinions about this rally when they have absolutely no idea what the rally really was all about. If you do your research, if you listen to what the speakers have to say rather than just the media that doesn't get anything right, than you can form your own opinion. I trust that it will be different than what the media portrays- how really can anyone dispute the theme of this rally- Faith, Hope and Charity.
I loved the atmosphere of the rally- it was so positive. It was an extremely hot day, but I was constantly getting goosebumps from the uplifting words spoken. If you look at the crowd there are no posters- but there were tons of flags everywhere, it was very patriotic. There were also tons of these shirts- the theme of the rally was Restoring Honor: Faith, Hope and Charity. They talked about why each trait is important and highlighted a member of the community who displays each trait- Jon Huntsman received the award for Charity. Each talk was uplifting and inspired me to develop these traits.
I have always loved city's and crowds, I think its energizing! They estimated a crowd of 500 thousand people! The energy there was amazing! Everyone was happy and talked with each other- people came from across the country to show their support for our troops and our country. It was organized very well, they had plenty of free water for everyone, they followed each rule with exactness. After the march everything was cleaned up, you wouldn't think that hundreds of thousands of people were there. My mom and sister were in DC in October, right after another rally took place. They said that it was a mess- there was garbage and rude signs everywhere- they were also not given the strict rules and guidelines that they made Glenn follow, they were very disrespectful of the monuments and things that were so respected by our crowd.
This picture was taken of Palin, they said she was praying for 10 min before she gave her speech. They opened and closed the rally with a prayer. They talked about the founders creating the country under God and the importance of us turning back to God. Not once did they say anything against our Government, instead they blessed them in their prayers.

Exactly 47 years earlier at this same sight Martin Luther King Jr. gave his famous I had a dream speech. In another section of the Mall his speech was blasted, what a cool experience to be in a crowd of this size honoring him on the anniversary of his speech. They talked about him and all that he accomplished, his niece gave personal insight about that day, he was such a strong amazing man!
After the rally Chaci and I literally ran to make it to the capital on time. Chaci contacted Rob Bishops office for me to get us tickets! It was fun getting to tour the capitol. Our guide was great! Chaci also got us tickets to Fords Theater- it was interesting to learn more about President Lincoln and what he stood for- while in the theater where he died for what he believed in. I loved this quote! It was so much fun being there with Chaci, I am so lucky to have her. It was nice to spend time with just her. Though I felt bad we had to do so much running around when she was feeling so sick- she said she is going to be sick anyway, she may as well be sick in DC. Thanks for everything Chac! It was so much fun!

1 comment:

Sean and Anne Willardson said...

Oh... that is so awesome! You have such an incredible life! I love you!

Formally known as Trish,

love Anne