Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Monkey Land!

By afternoon we were all exhausted and covered in sweat and dirt and it was decided that it was to hot to continue work. So we jumped in our sweat smelling vans (i'm sure the drivers just loved us!) and went to a local monkey park... it was pretty sweet- there were monkeys running all over the place as well as signs warning people that the monkeys weren't nice and to not leave your stuff unattended because the monkey's would run away with it... I loved watching the mom monkey's with their babies!
Their signs are so much cooler looking than ours!
Sweet looking cave- you had to watch out for the low ceiling and monkeys running around
They have these all over the place, I think it is cool that they show so much outward dedication to their beliefs.
Awesome Rock/Mountain thingy- these were all over the area, they were gorgeous! They reminded me of the floating mountains in Avatar...probably as close to Pandora as I will ever get!
Mama Shawn and I- she's awesome- we needed a mom for the group!


These next pictures require a bit of an explanation... I'm sure all of you have gathered for a group picture where everyone insists on taking a picture with their own camera... (we joked that the most common phrase in this trip was 'tag me' because we didn't have time to take pictures with all 40 camera's)... So when we came across this mountain reflected in the pond we gathered up for a group picture... so instead of smiling we opted for a new pose for each shot...
The Models (yes-we were sexy in our disgusting work clothes!)
Body builders...
uh... Barbie?
Monkeys
Pirates
and awed by the great beauty!
Ya... interesting picture...but I wanted to show their play ground equipment- they were toy versions of exercise machines...it was like being at a gym for kids... I guess this is why the kids in the US are obese!!

No comments: