Sunday, July 25, 2010

Hoes and Holes

In Thailand their main tool was the hoe...they didn't have shovels or many other tools. Their 'wheel barrows' were these little baskets, it definitely takes longer with these tools, but I must say I am now very impressed with how much you can do with a hoe! There were definitely a lot of hoe jokes! We had to make a few deep holes for the septic tanks and grease trap to go into.
Some of the local kids came to help us out... here is a example of their 'wheel barrows'
It was so so SO SO HOT!! So Hot and humid- it was crazy- haven't felt anything like it! I can't imagine how much water we went through during our 2 weeks there! The local kids would come up and offer us 'water' which turned out to be this really sweet pink drink that tasted kind of like bubblegum....Chris and I taking a water breakOur little hole! Hahaha- it doesn't look deep but we worked on this for a long time! You can see how gross and sweaty everyone was...yummy! This was my group, we got to know each other quite well as we were with each other everyday going to and from the school in the vans.

No comments: