Wednesday, December 15, 2010

and after Thanksgiving comes...

Black Friday!!
The after Thanksgiving Day sales are definitely a family tradition, its like a game. Each year we wake up around 3, strategize who is going where and when. Provide reinforcements for the stores when they open, and keep each other company while waiting in line!

This year we drove to St. George Thanksgiving day for my little brothers soccer tournament. While we were eating dinner at del taco we noticed the line begining to form at Best Buy, so Chaz decided he wanted a lap top and jumped in line at 8:00...we couldn't let him wait in line alone so Gabi and I joined in, until 10 when Gabi went to Wal-mart with my mom and I left at 11:30 to help out...after that however I returned for the next 5 hours of waiting in the freezing cold...and yes, that is a person sleeping on the ground by us! And yet after hours of freezing I didn't end up getting anything...but Chaz did get his laptop!
I'm a fan of groupon and all of the other similar websites that have popped up lately. I discovered a coupon for a 30 min boat ride on the Provo River. They built it up talking about all of the lights and Santa Clause coming to visit on a canoe. I decided it sounded fun so I got the tickets. We got there and discovered it was a very homemade boat ride... our guide moved the boat along the river on a rope and the lights were scattered on one side of the river because the city wouldn't let them decorate the other half! Hahaha- it was pretty pitiful, but still fun!

1 comment:

Kyle and Alyssa said...

ok so yeah...maybe you should fill me in on this guy I keep seeing in your posts:) I'm gonna start rumors if you don't...ha ha jk!!! I don't have the energy for black friday. I admire you and that very daring family tradition...i hope not to have that in my fam. I just like sleep too much and would rather not freeze. Love that guy sleeping next to you! would he just roll along in that sleeping bag? crazy.