This was my first year attending the Holi Festival of Colors. It was way fun! I loved it! It is a traditional Indian holiday to welcome spring by throwing bright colored chalk at everyone- I loved it! Each year it gets bigger and bigger. It was in front of their temple which is sweet- it doesn't look like it belongs in Utah! They had a band that sang the same song over and over again- the words were... Hare Krishna Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare Hare, Hare Rama Hare Rama...it got a bit old but added to the overall atmosphere- it was way fun!
Some of our group at the very beginning- notice how clean we are- and the yellow chalk that someone walking by randomly threw at us!!Mid way through the day- I was walking around a lot so I got covered!
People are always throwing chalk at you!
Here's a picture of the temple- it looks like it doesn't belong in Utah- sweet!! There were thousands of people there- so crowded- I love being in big crowds of people united by a common goal...when you can just talk to the person next to you about complete randomness- knowing you will never see them again...love it!!After the bomb everyone just looked pink- completely caked in chalk!!
Here's a video of the actual bomb... it would have been fun to watch it from a distance... that way you could actually get to see all the colors and breathe (what a unique idea!)


3 comments:
where is that temple at? it looks like it's in some far away place from the picture!
I know! It was so random-loved it! It is in Spanish Fork, you should go next year!
Look's fun! I had no idea there was a temple like that in Utah!
Post a Comment